PlanDoc drawing and document management system has been developed especially for managing, systemizing and sharing masses of project documentation files of construction projects. Owing to its multi-user operation, the system allows that all users receive emails about the upload, approval and removal of plans in accordance with their individual privileges. The structure and customizability of the PlanDoc system makes the simultaneous management of all company projects possible, either by project IDs or by organizational units. Furthermore, its privileges system ensures efficient drawing management also for the members of the consortium or external plan providers (e.g. engineers, contractors, investors, authorities).
The mass drawing upload function and the innovative, unique code profile (aka code template) enables the uploaders to upload files in the same folder in bulk, which will then be automatically sorted out by the PlanDoc system through the, automatic identification of their names and their filling to their places in the conceptual folder system. For example, by clicking on one single button, the plans are grouped by projects, within that category by buildings, stories, branches. To whom do we recommend PlanDoc system? To everyone who is in any role involved in the realization of projects regarding the provision of drawings or documentation management.
- Engineers: They can upload the plans in a system where the numbering of the drawings is uniform and traceable. The simple and fast upload provides high-standard service for the Clients. Lists of the most current, approved versions of the plans can be prepared, moreover, the documentation related to the hand overs can also be assembled really quickly.
- Contractors: Plandoc systematizes the drawing documentations. It puts matters in order and forwards the data to the own resources and subcontractors as a transparent, documented system. It support the preparation phase as well as the actual construction. Moreover, it grants measurable advantage to the companies also at the hand over of plans and archiving. The subcontractors benefit from their quick access to information, which reduces, let alone eliminates the possibility of human errors.
- Investors: The multi-user system provides an effective and efficient solution with an unimpeded information flow. It supports the successful achievement of project goals on the level of complex plan provision as a CDE (Common Data Environment) system.
- Authorities: PlanDoc system aids the drawing approval process and the administration of different drawing services. It simplifies the management, storage and achiving of the documentations during the realization of projects, granting a definite advantage with a view to quality assurance in case of projects financed by various sources.
In order to be able to guarantee the efficient operation of the PlanDoc system, the program is delivered along with an introductory consultation, which follows a special methodology.The most important advantages:
- unique structure management of the Client’s choice
- project folder structure, for example:Companies/Subsidiaries/Divisions/Projects/Drawing types/Drawings for each project
- automatic structure creating algorithmIf the drawing is the leaf of the tree and the folder structure is the trunk, the branches will be created automatically based on the names of the files. For example,trunk: subsidiary,branch: project ID/engineering branch/drawing types (created automatically),leaf: drawing file
- mass drawing upload
- uploading numerous files together
- uploading all the drawings of the folder by selecting the folder
- filtering wrong files prior to upload
- multi-lingual environment
- special, complex system of privileges
- automatic generation of merged pdf files from drawing files
- support of BIM files and information management (e.g. ifc files)
- management of multiple formats (pdf, pdfa, dwg, …) of drawing files as drawing documentation
- automatic assignment of names to and identification of drawings
- automatic assembly and printing of drawing lists
- presenting the record of the drawing
- management of drawing approval, statuses
- automatic notification of project stakeholders about changes
- quick filter and search options
- management of notes and comments